Valentine’s Day is just round the corner – if you’re stressed over what looks you should go for, worry not, we are here for you sweetie! Just last month, 5 of our makeup artists (@krlmakeup, @Karischiumakeup, @nettia, @lillianlouiemakeup, @beautymeow) had the great honour to collaborate with Japan’s Top-notch celebrity makeup artist, Hitomi Natori! Together with this great man, 3 Japanese romantic looks were created to help you sweep your man off his feet!
p.s. Single or not, these gorgeous looks are sure to get you ready to mingle!
Having worked with many big names like George Clooney, Zac Efron, Zhang Ziyi and many more, Hitomi is the definitely the man to be learning from. We took notes of his secret techniques and decided to share some with all of you today!
Here’s 10 tips to create 3 different Romantic Japanese Inspired Looks this Vday!
Big Eye Dolly Look
1. HAIR ROMANCE – Side-swept braided bangs helps to pull back the hairline and keep face profile neat.
2. FLUTTERY LONG LASHES – Get all the attention drawn towards your eyes with these lashes. Consider a 2D volume lash extension. (p.s. you can find tons of lash extension services on Vanitee!)
3. CLEAR RADIANT SKIN – Fake a i-just-had-a-facial glow with the right skin products and cosmetics. Highlighters is the perfect tool to get that extra shine.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Makeup and hair done by Lynette Seet
Book @nettia on Vanitee now to enjoy this promo, and see more of her works and read reviews here: https://nettia.vanitee.com/
SWEET PEACH LOOK
4. ALLURING SHADOWS – Use coral eyeshadow to line the eye and dab a champagne shade of eyeshadow to add depth and accentuate your eyes.
5. MATCHING BLUSH – Shades of pink that complement the eyeshadow. Try Peach or Raisin shades.
6. CAPTIVATING LIPS – Complement the rest of the look with a matching lip gloss to get those dewy kissable lips!💋
7. WAVY ASH-GREY HAIR – Look effortlessly chic with a trendy hair color and a classic curl.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Makeup and hair done by Jasmine Ho
Book @beautymeow on Vanitee now to enjoy this promo, and see more of her works and read reviews here: https://beautymeow.vanitee.com/
AU NATURAL LOOK
8. BROWS ON POINT – Brows are important. Keep them well trimmed, neat and filled in to create a well-defined face shape. Use a colour that compliments your hair colour!
9. LOOSE STRANDS – Let out a few strands to keep the look fun and casual.
10. EYE-CATCHING BUN – Put your hair together in a low bun and finish it off with an eye-catching hair accessory!
BEFORE AND AFTER
Makeup and hair done by Hitomi Natori (@hitominatori_makeup)
While we managed to catch some tips, the 5 artists received way more training and knowledge on the specific techniques throughout the masterclass. Here are some photos of what went down that afternoon!
Ready to get into action – Hitomi and his translator briefing our makeup artists!
Working off a fresh canvas!
Being a professional MUA, details do matter!
With these pro-tips and skillful techniques, our artist transformed these girl-next-door to amazing looking ladies, perfect for a casual, romantic date!
So what are you waiting for! Contact our artists on the Vanitee App, get these romantic looks and slay it this 14th of Feb!
This Valentine’s, get $15 OFF your makeup and hair with code SLAYVDAY with these artists!
Don’t forget to share with us your #vanitee looks on Instagram (@ilovevanitee) or Facebook