Ever heard of Aromatherapy facials ?
It involves the use of essential oils like lavender and peppermint, hence the term “aroma”! Besides the usual steaming and facial scrub/peel, essential oils will be added to the mask to better suit your personal preferences.
The essential oils used in an aromatherapy facial help to soothe your skin. For example, tea tree oil regulates oily skin while lemongrass and geranium are often used for acne-prone skin.
With its anti-inflammatory properties, the oils can improve skin texture and remove dirt and all other impuritites. This helps to keep your skin in tip-top shape!
With regular facials, you can bid goodbye to inflammed skin!
They also contain high levels of anti-oxidants that will help limit the production of free radicals which damage your skin cells. Jojoba and olive oil are especially good for clearing lines on your forehead and cheek so if that’s something you’re worried about, you know what to look out for when booking a facial on Vanitee!
You can also use the oil as a scrub or a peel in itself. Recommended oils for this would be basil or lemongrass. Exfoliation is generally suitable for most skin types but for those with sensitive skin, it is best to check with your esthetician before doing any treatment!
If you are not sure which essential oil to choose, the list below is a helpful one:
- Dry Skin – ylang ylang, jasmine, patchouli, chamomile, sandalwood, rose.
- Oily Skin – tea tree, geranium, orange, lemon, juniper, grapefruit, cypress, eucalyptus, lemongrass, bergamot.
- Normal skin/Combination skin – geranium, chamomile, lavender, orange, ylang ylang petitgrain, palmarosa.
- Sensitive Skin – rose, chamomile, neroli, lavender, jasmine, mandarin.
- Mature Skin – sandalwood, neroli, frankincense, palmarosa, rose, vetiver.
Book your facial on Vanitee today!
Don’t forget to share with us your #vanitee looks on Instagram (@ilovevanitee) or Facebook