The pursuit for perfect eyebrows is real: we girls go through all lengths in order to achieve the brow shape we want. Whether if it is plucking, threading or waxing, eyebrows are very important in framing and giving your face definition. Let’s forget about plucking as it just isn’t the way to go and look at the other 2 options, eyebrow waxing and threading instead.
(Done by: beccasbeautique on Vanitee)
(Done by: browstudio on Vanitee)
Eyebrow threading involves using two pieces of cotton thread, wrapped against your skin and cutting through your eyebrow hair in a scissor-like motion.
Eyebrow threading can cause redness as it involves pulling and tugging of your skin. If you happen to be afraid of pain, think twice before heading to the eyebrow threading salon!
- No chemical or external substance involved
- Better alternative for sensitive skin as waxing can cause skin reactions and irritations
- No downtime – you will be good to go once the threading session is done
- Last longer than wax – for up to 3 or 4 weeks
- When done incorrectly, hairs will break and lead to hair regrowth to show up quickly
- You cannot thread the moment hair grows back. There must be at least sixteenth of an inch of hair in order for the thread to wrap around the hair
- Considerable amount of discomfort or even pain
Wax is applied over unwanted hair areas, such as between the eyebrows, beneath and above your natural brow line.
Wax strip is firmly pressed over your skin for a few seconds before the beautician swiftly removes it against the direction of your hair growth. There are various of wax, including sugar wax, paper wax & etc.
- Less painful than threading
- Your skin will be not be pinched during the process
- Less expensive than threading
- Can cause allergic reaction to people with sensitive skin
- Eyebrow waxing, due to the tugging and pulling of the eyelids, can cause premature wrinkles over time
There is no “right” answer nor solution to doing your eyebrows – it all depends on your personal preference and experience.
Choose eyebrow waxing if you are less tolerant to pain and do not have sensitive skin. If you are trying to remove other body hair apart from your eyebrows, waxing is the way to go as it is more efficient.
However, eyebrow threading will be recommended if you are only looking to remove unwanted hair around your eyebrows. Waxing can be more damaging because of the chemicals used and exposure to premature wrinkles.
At the end of the day, be proud of what you have and flaunt it!
Don’t forget to share with us your #vanitee looks on Instagram (@ilovevanitee) or Facebook